On this day trip, you will discover the smallest and least inhabited island in the Canaries: El Hierro.
This geographical treasure has been declared a Global Geopark and Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO. Until 1885 it was considered as the zero meridian. Today it is the first island capable of self-sufficiency with renewable energy sources.
Along the way, you will be caught by the contrasting beauty of its scenery, from its volcanic landscapes and Laurel forests to the surrounding Atlantic Ocean, which is home to one of the most interesting seabeds in the world.
The excursion starts at Los Cristianos Port. You will travel aboard the Naviera Armas ferry to the port of La Estaca.
The first stop will be at Mirador de Isora, where you can take in the splendour of the plain of Las Playas. We will continue along the route to reach the wonderful views of the Valle del Golfo from the viewing-point of Jinama.
Then you will visit the Rural Park of Frontera, where you can encounter one of the most valuable treasures in all of Europe: the Laurel forest.
The next destination is the Church of La Candelaria, built in 1818. Here we will have time to have a drink and then continue on our way to the natural pools of La Maceta, a place sculpted by nature.
After enjoying a traditional lunch accompanied by Canarian wines, we will visit the Punta Grande Hotel, famed in the Guinness Book of Records as the smallest hotel in the world.
To enjoy the impressive views of the Roques de Salmor we will go to Mirador de La Peña, designed by the esteemed Canarian architect César Manrique.
To discover a little more about the local cuisine, we will visit the Quesadillas bakery in La Villa de Valverde, where we will have the opportunity to see how this traditional cheese sponge cake is made.
Finally, we will head towards the port where the ferry will be waiting for us after spending an unforgettable day in El Hierro.
Wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
It is advisable to bring seasickness pills.
Bring swimsuit and towel. If the weather conditions allow you can go for a swim in the natural pool.
Start time: 8:00 a.m.approximately.
Duration: 12 hours approximately.
Ferry journey to the island: 2:30h approximately
Pick up from the Playa Paraíso area to Los Cristianos.
Lunch with drinks included.
Starting time: 8:00 approximately.
Duration: approximately 12 hours.
Note: The tour starts once all participants are on the bus.
Documentation: Required identity Documentation. Participants must bring their identity document or passport, which will be required to board the Ferry. Without it, boarding might be denied.
Suitable for people with disabilities or with reduced mobility.
The degree of disability must allow the person to get on the bus assisted by an accompanying person.
A máximum of 2 wheelchairs per bus.
Priority seats on the front of the bus.
Prevention measures COVID-19:
- Each client must bring their own mask. Masks can be bought for € 1 from the guide at the collection point. Clients without masks will not be permitted on the excursión nor will they be reimbursed.
- Disinfectant gel will be provided throughout the excursion.
- Clients’ temperature will be taken before entering the bus and again before the end of the excursion.
- A temperature of more than 37 degrees means that access to the bus will not be allowed and the cost of the excursion will be refunded.
- Each passenger will have to sit in the same place on the bus or minibus during the entire excursion.
- On board the ferry masks can only be removed once passengers are seated. Naviera Armas will inform passengers about the regulations on board the ferry.
- The minimum safety distance must be respected during the guide's explanations at stops and while on foot.
- Food will be served at the tables in the restaurants.