An unforgettable day on ''La Isla Bonita''. You will admire the new volcano of La Palma at Cumbre Vieja and the passage it has created.
La Palma Volcano:
Once La Palma. The first stop will be in the capital so that we can discover some of the most emblematic places such as:
El Barco de la Virgen, a reproduction of the Santa Maria on board of which Christopher Columbus discovered America and was built in memory of the sailors from La Palma who set sail from here with sailing ships made from the wood of our mountains. Inside there is a naval museum with naval charts and reproductions of some of the ships made on the island. The Castle of Santa Catalina, which was one of the most important in Spain on the route to the Americas. The typical balconies, which are among the best sets of balconies or balcony overhangs preserved in the Canary Islands. The double balconies that were built to ventilate the houses are worth mentioning.
The next stop is the Mirador de la Concepción. It is located on the highest part of the Caldereta volcano declared "natural space" where you can see the crater and the capital of the beautiful island. You will continue to the tunnel of time, seeing how the vegetation on the island changes, and then you will go south west, entering the area affected by the Cumbre Vieja volcano.
The next stop will be in the exclusion zone of the Tacande district where you will have a first view of the volcano and then you will go to Tazacorte, seeing the youngest lava flows in Spain.
Lunch will be served in one of the typical restaurants of the area at about 13:30. After lunch from the port of Tazacorte you will see the fajana or lava delta.
The last stop will be at the viewpoint of Tajuya where you will have time to observe, in total safety at a distance of 2 km, the last volcano of the Canary Islands which still has no name!
This tour may be subject to changes in itinerary and timetable due to adverse weather conditions.
Meeting point: 07:45 am at Los Cristianos port (Fred Olsen office).
Duration:approximately 12 hours.
Boat Trip duration: 2:15h
Wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
It is advisable to bring seasickness pills.
Included: Official Guide. Air-conditioned bus. Lunch/dinner with drinks included.
Note:The tour starts once all participants are on the bus.
Documentation: Required identity Documentation. Participants must bring their identity document or passport, which will be required to board the Ferry. Without it, boarding might be denied.
- Suitable for people with disabilities or with reduced mobility.
- The degree of disability must allow the person to get on the bus assisted by an accompanying person.
- A máximum of 2 wheelchairs per bus.
- Priority seats on the front of the bus.
Prevention measures COVID-19:
- Each client must bring their own mask. Masks can be bought for € 1 from the guide at the collection point. Clients without masks will not be permitted on the excursión nor will they be reimbursed.
- Disinfectant gel will be provided throughout the excursion.
- Clients’ temperature will be taken before entering the bus and again before the end of the excursion.
- A temperature of more than 37 degrees means that access to the bus will not be allowed and the cost of the excursion will be refunded.
- Each passenger will have to sit in the same place on the bus or minibus during the entire excursion.
- On board the ferry masks can only be removed once passengers are seated. Fred Olsen will inform passengers about the regulations on board the ferry.
- The minimum safety distance must be respected during the guide's explanations at stops and while on foot.