A 12-hectare botanical garden that contains vegetation from around the world, in zones arranged by continents.
The Palmetum botanical garden has over 2000 species of tropical and sub-tropical plants from around the world specialising in the family of palm trees with over 400 species, making it one of the most remarkable collections in the world.
This unique project has transformed the area into a showcase, bursting with spectacular plant life brought to the island through partnerships and collaboration with numerous organisations from around the world including Sydney, Havana, Miami and Santo Domingo.
The Palmetum is the only mountain garden on the coast of the capital of Santa Cruz and offers breathtaking views of the city, the sea and the Anaga mountain range whilst strolling through its lush surroundings of plant life, streams, lakes and waterfalls.
Covid-19 prevention measures:
- Everyone must bring their own mask
- Hydro-alcoholic gel and tissues will be available.
- 30% reduction in capacity.
- Corridors for entry and exit, marked with regularly placed signs.
- Contactless payment by card or mobile device is encouraged.
- Cleaning routine as indicated by the Prevention Service in all facilities.
- Closed pedal litter bins in toilets.
- The elevator will not be used except for emergencies.
(2 - 11)